Saturday, July 15, 2017

To my family...

So, it has been years... probably about 13 now. Years of what you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I've been praying for you. I'm probably not the only one either, but I have been doing it quite regularly. I can tell you something too... If you are in my family and you don't see God at work all around you, you are blind. That's ok though. The Bible says, "He (Satan) has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes,and understand with their heart, and turn,and I would heal them.” (John 12-40) It's true too! For 13 years, I have prayed for all of you! At that time, addiction, hard heartedness, false belief, etc were crazy in our family. There was so much pain and hurt. First, he healed me in small ways and called me to him. Then he started working on my brother. Neither of us wanted anything to do with him, but God is amazing and knows our hearts so much that he knew what we needed to hear. We, who wanted nothing to do with the church or it's crazy followers growing up and into our adult years, both became followers of the Way within 2 years of each other without either of us trying to convert the other. God knew our hearts and drew us to him separately. We have an aunt (or Mom, sister, etc) who has been brought out of addiction and sin. She had turned away from God, but he loved her so much that he called her back. I have a sister who has been brought out of false belief, and a nephew who is currently being drawn in. There is no other way to explain it, except that he knows our hearts and leads us to him by way of our story. So, this is a warning to you who "know" that Jesus is just a great example, or a prophet, or a myth, etc. I've been praying for you and he's coming. When he comes, it's like a veil is removed from your eyes. It might be a slow transition or all at once, but I believe that he is redeeming us. Our fathers believed wrong, taught wrong, loved wrong! Our Heavenly Father is not him. He loves us completely and wholly. He created us for his delight. Do not say, christians didn't know how to love, so I don't believe in Christ. As Paul said in Romans 3-23,"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. 25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he makes sinners right in his sight when they believe in Jesus." Thank God for his glorious standard, but also for knowing that we in our humanness could not maintain his standard. Thank God that he took our place! Thank God that he loves us that much! Do you feel the tug? Do you feel the call? If not, I'll keep praying for you! It doesn't make me better. It doesn't make me perfect, in fact I have a long way to go. It does make me redeemed though and that is all I need. It is a free gift, but I'll be honest with you... It is the hardest thing that has ever happened to me. He has asked me to do things and go places I never would have imagined doing. It doesn't all of a sudden make everything perfect. In fact, Jesus even said this to his disciples at one point, " I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” (John 16-33) So, if you are broken, stuck in addiction, stumbling over choices you have made, etc, take heart. You are still loved... Beyond your capacity even to understand. I love you all and Lord, I ask that you redeem and call everyone to you who reads this. Not because I wrote it and not to glorify myself, but for you and your glory! Amen.

No comments: